• Computer Aided Design (CAD)
• Rapid Concept Visualization
• Product Opportunity Gap Analysis
• Reverse Product Engineering
• User Interaction Psychology
• Project & Team Management
• Product Life cycle Assessment
• Human Factors & Ergonomics
Software: Solidworks (Modeling and simulation),
Autodesk Sketchbook, Photoshop, MS-Office, Keyshot
Design Lead & Supervisor
Arizona State University Luminosity Laboratory,
Tempe AZ, July 2016- Present
• Developing ASUs unique model for a self-sustaining, student-led, hybrid laboratory-enterprise which will enable students to solve real-world problems and the university to accelerate innovation across numerous Luminosity branches.
• Designed laboratory sites to foster and enable collaboration among top performing students to innovate and solve difficult industry/university problems. All site designs were fully implemented and/or adopted.
• Selected, trained, and led a team of top student designers, in collaboration with engineers, to develop multiple successful designs that met or exceeded customer requirements.
Partner & Consultant
Tempe AZ, June 2011- August 2017
• Performed barista functions with efficiency, quality, positive attitude and high-level of customer service, which resulted in earning multiple service excellence awards.
• Fostered ASU-Starbucks partnership in laboratory field, including development and presentation of innovative and highly relevant concepts to the Starbucks executive board, which has led to multiple follow-on projects.
Tempe AZ, July 2016- September 2017
• Constructed and edited large CAD assemblies for design presentation and manufacturing functionality, which enabled accelerated machining planning and process.
• Managed clientele brand and concept design services for comprehensive product launches directly from manufacturer.
Mediphor Design Firm
Tempe AZ, November 2017- August 2018
• Provided and presented detailed market analysis for multiple product opportunity gaps to clients for well informed and market derived design decisions.
• Conceived and developed a variety of the firms highest quality concept designs for multiple successful product launches.
• Personally worked with clients to provide real time and precise design edits which ensured expressed clarity of client’s vision.
ACTIVITIES AND HOBBIES
Drawing - The 7mm mechanical pencil is my weapon of choice
Barista at Starbucks - 6 years of coffee!
Recurve archer -35 and 50 lb traditional
Photography - Lumix
Mixed Martial Artist - 6 years- Taekwondo, Boxing, Capoiera
Colorado 14er Veteran - 26 peaks
Scuba Diver - PADI Certified
Student Ministry Outreach - 3 years Chi Alpha Small group leader
Illustration- Books, Art shows, Commissions
Mountain Biking- Trek Fuel 80 Full suspension
Arizona State University, Tempe Arizona
B.S. Industrial Design with Minor in Sustainability
B.A. Design Management 2018
Magna Cum Laude
GPA: 3.75, Deans list 2014-2018
Certified Solidworks Pro. MBD Mechanical Design at Gateway Community College 2015
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
Human Factors in Design
Diversity and Organization
Materials and Design
Human Computer Interaction
Advanced Digital Sketching
• Biophilia Competition: 1st Place
• NASA/HP ISS Competition: Honorable Men.
• Amazon HQ2: Creative Lead Arizona
• ASURE: Done Competition: 2nd Place
• Herberger Design Excellence Award
• Sundevil Stadium Cluster Competition
• SAE Heavy payload Competiton
• IHA Housewares Competion
• GrabCAD/SpaceX Cubesat Competition
• KAYRAE BAM! Art Show
EMPLOYERS AND CLIENTELE
ASU: Luminosity Laboratory- Industrial and UX Designer
AR 15, AR 10- Mechanical Designer
Aftermarket Truck Exhausts- Reverse Engineer
Coordinator- Floor Manager
Dactylcam Pro- Mechanical Designer
Elite Gripz- Marketing Designer
Z-Tech MFG LLC:
Manufacturing- Mechanical Designer